Are you active on Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms? Keen to use and build your skills helping out at a local homelessness charity? If so, we need your help to raise the profile of Emmaus across Rochdale. We’re looking for a dedicated volunteer to help manage and grow our community of supporters.
- Research and create content for different social media channels
- Take good quality images within the Emmaus Department Store
- Write warm-hearted messages to engage supporters
- Support the Regional PR Officer on local and national campaigns.
We’re looking for a dedicated individual with experience of Facebook and Instagram.
- Good written ability and communication skills
- Interest in photography and a keen eye for detail
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive, can-do attitude
- Knowledge of marketing and public relations is also desirable.
We are looking for volunteers who are able to commit to at least half a day a week. Much of this time could be spent working remotely, posting and replying to messages via social media.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience
- We will provide further training where possible
- Volunteer for at least six months and we’d be happy to provide you with a reference.
If you’re interested in volunteering to be part of the Emmaus team, please get in touch using our Volunteer Form.