Do you enjoy being active and working as part of a team? Give your time, energy and support to Emmaus Hull & East Riding and get involved as an Assisting in the Warehouse volunteer. This role is a rewarding opportunity to contribute alongside staff, fellow volunteers and companions, supporting various aspects of our warehouse operations. This is a fast-paced team who ensures that deliveries and collections of donated goods are organised and made available for sale.
- Sort through donated items varying from bric-a-brac, clothing, books, small household goods, large furniture items etc.
- Select, clean and generally prepare stock items for the shop floor
- Support with stock rotation and loading/unloading van deliveries and collections.
Skills and experience needed
- The ability to lift and carry heavy furniture items
- Good organisation skills
- The ability to communicate well within a team
- A flexible approach to the varying types of tasks within the role
- Knowledge of health and safety in a warehouse setting.
At Emmaus Hull & East Riding we recognise and value the time, dedication, skills and knowledge that our volunteers contribute. During your time volunteering with us we expect you to;
- Treat others with dignity and respect
- Uphold the reputation and values of Emmaus Hull & East Riding
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with all staff, volunteers and companions at all times
- Contribute towards our teamwork ethic.
Operations in our warehouse take place between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Saturday. There is no set time commitment and we are happy to be flexible to suit the individual.
Emmaus Furniture Superstore, Lockwood Street, Hull, HU2 0HJ
Support and benefits
- You will receive a full induction and relevant training
- Direct support from the Volunteer Coordinator throughout your volunteer role
- The opportunity to get involved with other volunteer roles and fundraising events
- We will look to provide further training to maximise your skills and experience in this area
- Reimburse travel expenses.
How to apply
To find out more or apply for this role please complete the Volunteer Application Form or call Rosie on 01482 223722 ext. 7 or email email@example.com for any further information.