Do you want to use your eBay and online sales experience to support a local homelessness charity? Give your support to Emmaus Hull & East Riding and get involved as an Online Sales Volunteer. This role involves supporting our E-Commerce and Enterprise team to monitor and manage online selling platforms for Emmaus Hull & East Riding. The role will include selecting suitable items from our donations to photograph and advertise accordingly.
- List items on online selling platforms such as Gumtree, eBay, Facebook Marketplace etc.
- Sort through donated items and select suitable items to sell
- Arrange for items to be cleaned and upcycled before listing where necessary
- Take clear, good quality pictures of items required for listing
- Respond and resolve customer queries via online platforms or over the phone.
Skills and experience needed
- Knowledge and understanding of how to use online selling platforms
- Good IT skills and the ability to use Microsoft systems efficiently
- A good level of written communication
- A high level of customer service.
At Emmaus Hull & East Riding we recognise and value the time, dedication, skills and knowledge that our volunteers contribute. During your time volunteering with us we expect you to;
- Treat others with dignity and respect
- Uphold the reputation and values of Emmaus Hull & East Riding
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with all staff, volunteers and companions at all times
- Contribute towards our teamwork ethic.
Ideally, this role would be any day between Monday and Friday between the hours of 10am and 2pm. There is no minimum time commitment and we are happy to be flexible to suit the individual.
Emmaus Furniture Superstore, Lockwood Street, Hull, HU2 0HJ
Support and benefits
- You will receive a full induction and relevant training
- Direct support from the Volunteer Coordinator throughout your volunteer role
- The opportunity to get involved with other volunteer roles and fundraising events
- We will look to provide further training to maximise your skills and experience in this area
- Reimburse travel expenses.
How to apply
To find out more or apply for this role please complete the Volunteer Application Form or call Rosie on 07940 357 939 or email email@example.com for any further information.