Are you looking to learn new skills, socialise and meet new people? Give your support to Emmaus Hull & East Riding and get involved as a Shop Sales Support volunteer. We are looking for new volunteers to contribute alongside staff, fellow volunteers and companions, serving customers in our social enterprises. This role typically involves stocking, pricing and selling donated items whilst delivering great customer service. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and have fun whilst supporting a local homelessness charity.
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Using the till to complete cash and card transactions with customers
- Price sale items reasonably and accurately
- Replenish and rotate stock items on the shop floor
- Support and contribute towards sale events.
Skills and experience needed
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- To contribute as part of a team
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- Experience of a retail or sales environment
- knowledge or interest in furniture, household and small electrical goods, antiques and clothing.
At Emmaus Hull & East Riding we recognise and value the time, dedication, skills and knowledge that our volunteers contribute. During your time volunteering with us we expect you to;
- Treat others with dignity and respect
- Uphold the reputation and values of Emmaus Hull & East Riding
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with all staff, volunteers and companions at all times
- Contribute towards our teamwork ethic.
Our stores are open between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Saturday. There is no minimum time commitment and we are happy to be flexible to suit the individual.
Emmaus Hull & East Riding havs three stores:
- Emmaus Furniture Superstore, Lockwood Street, Hull, HU2 0HJ
- Emmaus Emporium, 28 Whitefriargate, Hull, HU1 2EX
- Emmaus Newland, 193 Newland Avenue, Hull, HU5 2EN
We are looking for volunteers for all three of our stores and would happily suit the location to the individual.
Support and benefits
- You will receive a full induction and relevant training
- Direct support from the Volunteer Coordinator throughout your volunteer role
- The opportunity to get involved with other volunteer roles and fundraising events
- We will look to provide further training to maximise your skills and experience in this area
- Reimburse travel expenses.
How to apply
To find out more or apply for this role please complete the Volunteer Application Form or call Rosie on 01482 223722 ext. 7 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.