Overall Purpose of the Job
- Driving company vehicles. This includes driving 3.5 tonne Luton type box van with tail lift.
- Supervising a small team of volunteer and companion van crew
- Planning of the collection and delivery of furniture, and supervision and coordination of companions and volunteers, to provide excellent customer service; training, development, and support of Companions and volunteers, to enable them to perform effectively, to achieve personal development and meet organisational requirements.
- This post will be required to work on a rota covering 6 days a week [Mon-Sat].
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving company vehicles to deliver and collect furniture and other donations and people.
- Contribute to the growth of revenue and maximisation of profit from effective and customer focused operations
- Coordinate, supervise and train Companions and volunteers to ensure high quality customer service when interacting with the public
- Ensure driving, collection and delivery services are administered effectively and always comply with the law
- Develop and foster a team environment based on respect and mutual support to achieve the team goals
- Lead and teach teamwork by example
- Increasing the quality and quantity of donated items to realise the highest profit
- Increasing our customer loyalty and attracting new customers
- Coordinate and supervise the team of Companions and volunteers who are involved any day in collection and delivery.
- Drive organisation vehicles to achieve our business purposes, including collecting donated household goods and furniture, delivering purchased items, transporting goods to and from different sites, disposing of items at local tips.
- Manoeuvre, lift and carry furniture and domestic goods to and from vehicles, in and out of buildings, and up and down stairs. Also supervise and work with others doing this.
- Responsible for Health & Safety for all activities associated with loading, unloading, driving, and manoeuvring of vehicles including use of tail lift, driving skills, movement of goods within organisation’s premises and at customer premises, and ensuring all members of the vehicle team take their responsibility for Health & Safety seriously
- Maintain fleet security; account for and maintain fleet tools and equipment; conduct daily and weekly vehicle maintenance checks; maintain fleet appearance and cleanliness
- Maximise our ‘Gift aid’ income from donated items by ensuring that paperwork is completed.
- Undertake other driving duties as required by Emmaus Oxford
- Support the learning, skills development, and engagement in work activities of Companions
- Provide relief support in other operations as required.
- Any other duties as required by the Store Managers including additional duties and responsibilities to cover for holidays and absences.
How to apply
Please carefully read the job advert, job profile and person specification. These documents are available to download below.
If you would like to apply, then please complete the Application form, and send this to: email@example.com. We would prefer applications by email if possible and will conduct all correspondence by email unless you request otherwise. If you experience difficulties downloading the appropriate documents do call us and we will arrange for them to be emailed to you or sent by ordinary post.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND CVs APPLICATIONS MUST BE MADE ON AN EMMAUS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM
Recruitment for these roles is ongoing so there is no deadline for applications, please just submit a completed application as soon as possible. Please allow time for your application to reach us. Short-listed candidates will be informed as soon as possible and will be assessed by interview shortly after shortlisting is completed – this could be at any point in the working day.
Short-listed candidates will be advised of the precise times or any changes of dates as soon as they are known. Dependant on numbers of applicants we may not be able to inform applicants that they have not been shortlisted.
It is important that you understand that the assessment process is two way – you will be deciding if Emmaus Oxford is right for you, as well as the other way around. We may need to re-advertise, vary, or extend the process at any point as it is very important to us to recruit the right people.
Emmaus Oxford follows an Equal Opportunities Policy that is available on request.
DBS [Disclosure and Barring Service] checks
If you offered the post, it will be subject to us making an enhanced DBS check. It is a requirement of the position that you consent to us making this check and that the results are acceptable to us. If you do have a record of any criminal convictions [spent or unspent], cautions, reprimands, or final warnings you will need to advise us of this before we make the check [and there is space on the application form for this]. Previous convictions will not necessarily exclude you from being accepted for the position.