Handy with your hands? Good at repairs? Confident at keeping buildings and vehicles in tip top condition? Then get involved as a Maintenance Volunteer to put your skills to good use and help Emmaus Preston, a charity supporting formerly homeless people.
- Painting and decorating
- Basic joinery
- Basic electrical work
- Ground works
- Oil and filter changes
- Cleaning the vehicles
- Basic bodywork repairs
- We’re looking for a dedicated individual with good DIY skills
- Ability to carry out basic building maintenance duties
- Knowledge of vehicle safety checks
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive, can do attitude.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm). The days will need to fall between Monday and Friday but we can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
So if you’re interested in giving your time and gaining experience in as a Maintenance Volunteer, fill out our Volunteer Form here.